NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course
NRA Summary: Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting.
NRA Description: This course is at least 14 hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; rifle parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions; cleaning, and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the following items:
- Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
- Basics of Rifle Shooting Student Examination
- Course completion certificate
Prerequisite: This course is for individuals who are not disqualified from possessing a firearm as defined by applicable federal, state or local law and are of good repute.