NRA CCW (Concealed Carry Weapon) Course
Teaches the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to carry a concealed pistol for personal defense.
The NRA CCW Course is intended for all individuals regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation. This instructor-led only course gives you direct instruction from a Liberty Defense NRA-certified instructor from beginning to end and may be conducted in a classroom and on a shooting range.
NRA CCW takes place in a traditional classroom and range environment. This course may be completed in a single day format or over several days with smaller blocks of instruction.
Course topics include:
- Firearm Safety (Mandatory)
- Pistol Nomenclature and Selecting a Pistol for Self-Defense
- Ammunition Knowledge and Defensive Ammunition Selection
- Basic Defensive Pistol Skills
The NRA CCW course is modular and can be arranged to meet the minimum requirements of all the different states, which issue Concealed Carry permits, and provide additional instruction as determined by the instructor.
Liberty Defense’s NRA CCW courses go above what is required by Washington state law to obtain a Washington state CPL (Concealed Pistol License), covering many important and essential topics related to CCW. Students will complete live fire training and a nationally standardized shooting qualification while on the range with a Liberty Defense, NRA Certified Instructor. Students will receive the following reference books:
- NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook
- NRA Guide to the Basics Of Personal Protection Outside The Home handbook
Students will take an NRA CCW Student Examination and receive a course completion certificate bearing the signature of the NRA Secretary and your NRA Certified Instructor.
- Be qualified to possess a firearm as defined by applicable federal, state or local law
- Be of good repute, come with a good attitude, and be ready to learn
- Students will need to first take the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course or be able to demonstrate proof of safe shooting experience